Monday, November 21, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?




What I'm Reading Now :-)







  What I Finished Last Week :-(
  
 I couldn’t wait to read The Tiger’s Wife.
I’d read a thousand rave reviews on a thousand blogs and
I knew it was going to be the best book of the year.
Sadly, it wasn't....more 




I have always respected Paul Farmer and
his tireless, selfless medical work in Haiti.
I have now learned, after listening to fourteen hours
(yes, that’s fourteen hours!) of these CDs
that just because you are a wonderful human being,
you are not necessarily a wonderful writer....more




I was not expecting much out of this book.  
I knew it was going to be a romance,
and I'm not much for romances.
But it got better as I went along....more


What are you reading today?!




I'm also participating in
Gratitude Giveaways
from November 17 to November 27!

And what am I giving away?

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between! D This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!

I love being a part of this and I hope you do too! As part of this weekly meme Book Journey loves to encourage you all to go and visit the others participating in this meme. Book Journey offers a weekly contest for those who visit 10 or more of the Monday Meme participants and leave a comment telling me how many you visited.

15 comments:

  1. Looks interesting!

    Here is my resposnes: http://jaynesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/11/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-nov-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    You had a pretty good week. Love the book covers of your books. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books
    http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/11/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might need to read Kitchen Counter Cooking School. I could use all the help I can get.


    I'm reading Eat Pray Love. It's pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Tiger's Wife was everywhere, I agree, it never officially made it to my Wishlist though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the Kitchen Counter Cooking School and learned a few things as well.

    Happy Reading!
    Dollycas
    http://www.escapewithdollycas.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's too bad that last week's reading didn't go so well. I hope this week's is much better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't heard of any of these titles! But you have a good list going on! :D

    Thanks for stopping by.
    Happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't heard of those! Hope you have good reads this week!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also enjoyed The Very Picture of You. It had a lot more depth than I'd expected. Enjoy your reads!

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I have been looking forward to The Tigers Wife as well. Sorry it wasnt better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sucks that the books you read weren't what you wanted, but now you can read other books that you enjoy better :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of the most frustrating things for me is to read a ton of great reviews of a book, get all excited to read it and then not like it. That's too bad that happened to you (twice!) this week. Paul Farmer does such good things and has great ideas, perhaps one of his great ideas should be getting a ghost writer

    ReplyDelete
  13. You stopped by my blog a couple of weeks ago, and I am finally getting around to checking out yours (it's been busy around here)!

    Looks like you had a difficult reading week. My book group had trouble with The Tiger's Wife, too.

    By the way, my husband lived in Alvin for 10 years!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sure I should be interested in reading The Tiger's Wife- a lot of hype hit Australia too. I get really, really turned off by magic realism so I don't think I'll ever attempt this one. And now two of my friends have had a lukewarm response. That's enough warning for me I think.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.