Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Embarrassing Book Obsession Confessions



The Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy...But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread




Some are books about reading and picture books that I thought I wanted to read:

    



Some are books in a series; I read and loved the others in the series...Why not these?

  




Some are ridiculously short; I could read these in an hour. Why haven't I?

Six-word memoirs. Six words.  And look at the size of Red Pontiac Convertible,
John Gorman's poetry chapbook. It's thirty-two pages. Ridiculous.



Not one, but two copies of East of Eden.

  
 



At least this one is understandable. It's 2,000 recipes. Good grief.
Was I really thinking I'd be reading this one cover to cover?




Okay, this is probably the most embarrasing of all:
I buy a book called How to Read a Book and then I don't read it.
It probably has tips on how to control your book obsessions. 
If I would ever read it.



Please tell me that you have worse stories. 
Share them, if you will. 
It will comfort me.




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

16 comments:

  1. If you'd read read and review the last one, that would be a great help to all of us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever read How To Read A Book and it gives you tips on controlling your book obsessions, let me know. I might need help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. East of Eden sits on my shelf as well ... waiting and waiting for someone to come pick it up. :-)
    you are not alone! http://www.thecuecard.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. East of Eden? Really??? You must read that one! Dust it off. Open...begin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow East of Eden ...read that one in High school :) You must dust that one off

    ReplyDelete
  6. It took me ages to get to East of Eden as well - if not for a book club it would still be sitting on my shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still haven't read East of Eden either - I have that and Grapes of Wrath and God knows when I'll get around to reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a few poetry books that I've only partially read! Nice to have them around though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. East of Eden is an all-time favorite. Hope you decide to read it soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a pretty funny list! I do have self improvement books that I think will really help me...you know..improve...and yet, they sit unopened...maybe I don't *really* want to improve!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband loves Steinbeck but I just can't get into him. I think East of Eden is his fave too. :) I have a whole shelf of books that I had to buy but haven't read yet either (which you already know) so remember you're not alone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I ever get around to How to Read a Book, I need to post a list of tips for Those of Us Who Tend to Overbuy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hear you about short books! I have quite a few of those but I also haven't read them. Wouldn't take that long, right?

    Thanks for stopping by yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never read Pride and Prejudice.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.