Monday, February 17, 2014

It's Monday!


       
         




What Arrived Last Week


The Red-Hot Chili Cook-off and, via a Bookcrosser from Australia,
I Can Jump Puddles
               


What I Finished Last Week



 Three strong reads: Frog Music, Arthur: The Seeing Stone, and The Whole Five Feet.
Happily, The Seeing Stone is my 500th book of the 1001 Children's Books You Must Read.
I'm very, very close to the halfway point.



What I Am Reading Now

 Orfeo by Richard Powers and The Crane Wife by Patrick Ness.
Two books by two favorite authors.




What are you reading today?!




It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between!  This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!

I love being a part of this and I hope you do too! As part of this weekly meme Book Journey loves to encourage you all to go and visit the others participating in this meme. Book Journey offers a weekly contest for those who visit 10 or more of the Monday Meme participants and leave a comment telling BJ how many you visited.

15 comments:

  1. Looks like an interesting collection of books. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading I Can Jump Puddles in primary school - loved it! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been interested in The Crane's Wife since I saw it on several blogs. A fairy tale quality about the title. Enjoy your books.
    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is nice to be reading two books that are both very, very good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd never heard of I Can Jump Puddles. It was a surprise gift from a BookCrosser in Australia. Inside the package was a toy kangaroo holding a boomerang wearing a cape that says, "Australia." No explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should check out that list of 1001 Children's Books. Despite being a school librarian, I am sure that I have missed lots of them. Come see my Monday report if you get a chance. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like what you're currently reading. A friend just gave me her ARC of Orfeo, which I hope to start soon.

    My post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/02/sundays-weekly-book-recap-54.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patrick Ness is an author I mean to keep reading but never get round to. I hope you enjoy his latest offerings.
    :-)
    Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty pretty covers! I didn't realize that Patrick Ness had a new book out. I adore the artwork on The Crane Wife. Enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you will like Orfeo. It is on my wish list :).. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just checked out The Crane Wife. I can't wait to know what you think of it. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great collection of books! "I can jump puddles" seems like a book for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Am interested in what you think of Orfeo which seems a bit different.
    I'm reading Atwood's Oryx and Crake at the moment.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  14. 500/1001! Oh wow.Congratulations. I knew that you were ahead of me, but that's amazing. Well done- you've definitely broken the back of it. It will be interesting to see how many we finally get to- presuming we won't be able to read the books that have never been translated into English, and there are quite a few of those.

    I've only read one Patrick Ness (A Monster Calls) but am very keen to read more. I can jump puddles is indeed a very famous Australian book, one that I don't think I ever got to reading as a child much to my shame.

    Arthur awaits me of course this week.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.