Saturday, April 26, 2014

Readathon: Crash and Burn


End of Event Meme:

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? I hit a lot of walls this Readathon. It is probably not a good idea to try to read for twenty-four hours the day after you saw every child in the school during Science Day and the same day you helped host a bridal shower for your fabulous niece! Bad timing this year for me. Sigh.
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I like to have those wonderful browsable books, like coffee table books and joke books and children's picture books for the down times. Even those didn't help this year.
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I love it just as it is. 
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The mini-challenges were great this year.
  5. How many books did you read? I made sixty pages this year. An all-time low, but, as Pete the Cat says, "It's all good!" 
  6. What were the names of the books you read? The Word Snoop.
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? The Word Snoop.
  8. Which did you enjoy least? NA
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? NA
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? 100%. I may try Cheerleader next time.
Thanks to Andi and Heather 
and all who cheered and cohosted and read! 


HOUR 15

It's off to bed for me. I hope to read a little more in The Word Snoop before I fall asleep.


HOUR 14

Your Name in Titles Mini-Challenge
(Of course, DEB is a pretty easy name!)


HOUR 12

Mid-Event Survey

1. What are you reading right now? The Word Scoop
2. How many books have you read so far? 0
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? The Word Scoop
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? I couldn't free up my day.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Yes, so far, I haven't had a single minute to read. Sigh.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? I have never read so little.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? It is perfect as it is.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I might try being a Cheerleader, perhaps.
9. Are you getting tired yet? Yes, but not from the Readathon.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? I'd love to see tips from others.

Sadly, this may be my worst Readathon ever. 



HOUR 10

Total time spent reading so far:  0 min.
Total time spent blogging so far: 0 min.
Blogs visited so far: 0
Total time spent hosting a wedding shower for sweet niece: 10 hours 

I am now back in the saddle. 
Time to get some serious reading done!



HOUR 0



My delightful Meditation Room? Check.
Candle? Check.
Relaxation fountain? Check.
Reading music? Check.

Comfy reading clothes? Check.

Coffee? Check.

Snacks? Check.

Enormous stack of books to read? Check.

How about you? ¿Esta lista? Ready?

What are we waiting for? ¡Vamos! Let's go!


AAANNNDDD...We're off!


Introductory Questionnaire

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? An itty-bitty town in Texas.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? The Word Exchange
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Leftover Easter candy
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! Primary school librarian. Blogger. Reader. 
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? I may miss huge chunks of Readathon...today's is my sweet niece's bridal shower....But it's all good....I'll get back in the flow later today.


9 comments:

  1. Lol
    I love your responses!
    I didn't sign up to be a reader since this day was way too busy for me, so I admire you for now finding the time to do so.

    Keep it up!!!

    Vonnie @ Vonnie's Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by, Vonnie! I need a little encouragement right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking forward to seeing the stacks of books you read- still your niece's bridal shower is more important. I'm sure you'll still sneak some reading in. I haven't got to The Word Spy/Snoop yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life happens...and that's great about your niece's bridal shower! I had to attend a baby shower myself yesterday with my wife, so I can semi-relate even though it was only for a neighbor. AND you, of all people, read enough anyway. What do you need a readathon for? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And that's why I love you, Bryan G. Robinson...so wise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so far out of the loop I didn't even remember it WAS a readathon weekend :(
    I LOVE the picture of your reading space!!

    Your TBR's had me going 'ooo OOOO ooo!! too! Simple Shelter looks way interesting!

    I think you did Mah-va-lous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. With everything you has going on this week, I think you did great. Thanks for co-hosting the readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You definitely did fantastic!! That is a very comfortable meditation room!
    Random Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your meditation room looks like the perfect place to read. I hope that both of us have a better Readathon in October!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.