Tuesday, September 6, 2016

TV Shows I Watch Even After I Gave Up TV

I gave up tv in 2003. Honestly, it's one of the best things I ever did.

I didn't give up tv completely, though. From time to time, people have recommended shows and I've given them a try. Here are some of the tv shows that I've watched even after I gave up tv:


Lost


How I Met Your Mother


Big Bang Theory


Bored to Death


Northern Exposure


Firefly


Downton Abbey


Seinfeld


The Twilight Zone


Star Trek (All of them)



Are there any folks out there who are crazy about tv? I could use your advice. Given that I have watched and loved these shows, could you recommend a few tv series to me?






Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

18 comments:

  1. Love TBT! And I really need to watch that last season of Lost!!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a big fan of TV though I do watch CIS & NCIS. Love Startrek but have some of that on DVD. Prefer to read if I can

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you, I gave up regular TV years ago and never regretted it. I do, however, still dip my toe in every now and then, especially if there is a series I can watch at my own pace via DVDs or Netflix. Some of my fave shows are:
    The Good Wife
    House
    Modern Family
    Seinfeld
    Damages
    Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
    Hope this helps you find something! I'll be checking back to see what others recommend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've copied your list and emailed it to myself so that I can look for these. Thank you very much.

      Delete
  4. I really want to watch the original Star Treks sometime! I LOVE the new movies but I feel like a bad fan if I haven't seen the originals.๐Ÿ˜‚

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've been rewatching Northern Exposure and are LOVING it! It's such a crazy show and becasue it's so quirky it's aged really well. Other than some strange fashion choices (and really Shelley's were always on the strange side early 90s or not) it could be a brand new show. I love The Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother and the first few seasons of Lost!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It makes me SO happy to see Downton Abbey on so many lists today. I miss that show SO much! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I am a big TV watcher - crime shows mostly. And I love British crime shows probably most of all. If you are so inclined and because you have Downton Abbey on your list (which I loved), you might try Foyle's War. WWII England with a policeman and also a lot of history and reaction of the 'regular' people during that war. I can also recommend Inspector Lewis (I love his sidekick Hathaway).

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOST!!!! YEA!!!!!!! Finally.... Somebody has good taste. Love all three your top three posts and I've actually forgotten about Northern Exposure. And of course Downton Abbey. Nice list Debs! Here's my TTT: http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2016/09/top-ten-tuesday-its-lost-cause.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Buffy the Vampire Slayer - same mind as Firefly. Gilmore Girls - because, well, it's witty and delightful and heart-warming. Stranger Things - only eight episodes, renewed for a second season, and incorporates a lot of different elements. And...hm...Grace and Frankie because it's a shorter-episode comedy series that's well cast and unique. :) Also - the creators of Lost is behind Once Upon A Time, just in case I didn't mention it in my blog post. lol. (Some familiar faces show up and there are some Lost easter eggs thrown in for good measure).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, The Big Bang Theory is such a fun show! And I really want to watch Firefly sometime soon! I'm not a big tv watcher either, but I do love suite some tv shows and try (but usually fail) to keep up to date with those.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Firefly is definitely one of my top shows!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How I Met Your Mother is one of my favorites! I can't believe I forgot to add it to my list! Great Top Ten :D My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really need to watch some more TV! I just don't seem to watch much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Burn Notice, Longmire, the first Beauty in the Beast (an 80's) show.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Big Bang Theory was show #12 for me but I decided to cut it off at #11. I also love Firefly, because of my love for Joss, but I was never super obsessed with it the way I was obsessed with BtVS.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been meaning to watch Firefly. Thanks for the rec/reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.