Monday, May 12, 2014

It's Monday!





                 



   Crazy, I know, but this week I didn't finish any books. I'm a little behind, too, on posting my reviews (they are written!)  I haven't been wild about any of the books I've chosen for review lately and that has put me off choosing new books that are offered. Too bad, perhaps, but I think for a bit I'm going to stick with books I already have on hand and books I want to read. 

     It can ruin your Reading Mojo when you force yourself to read books that you thought you were going to love but don't. I certainly don't want to ruin my Reading Mojo.

     So I'm reading some that I want to read now:





     
     I've got a couple that I'm bring along next weekend for our trip to Chicago to see our son graduate from college:




     It's so busy at school right now that I may not get around to posting reviews of books until school's out in four weeks. Apologies.  





What are you reading today?!




It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between.  This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from. I love being a part of this and I hope you do too. As part of this weekly meme Book Journey loves to encourage you all to go and visit the others participating in this meme. 

18 comments:

  1. The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry looks and sounds interesting! The cover's attractive. :) I love bright covers.

    Meanwhile, Orphan Train sounds like a sombre novel. I wonder if it's any good?

    Congratulations on your son's graduation!

    And thanks for visiting my blog.

    Josette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have put "reread" next to Orphan Train. It's very sad, as you might expect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read and loved both Orphan Train and The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry. I actually got to meet the author of Orphan Train - she is great and gave a lovely talk about the book and her research.

    I also have W is for Wasted but haven't read it yet. Actually - have only read the first few in that series, but had the opportunity to meet Sue Grafton when the W came out and so I have a signed copy. She's a hoot!

    Anyway, hope you get your reading mojo back and have a great week!
    ~Kristin @ Always With a Book

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it is nice to set the review books aside and read what you want. You picked some interesting titles. Come see my Monday Report. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so frustrating when you read a bunch of so-so books in a row. I hope you enjoy The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry. I know I did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sorry Studs Sterkel has passed on. Didn't know he had a book titled Chicago. Is it an Oral History? I like the Creative book. I like your other books too. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any one of those books like they can rescue you from a slump. The Storied Life is lovely!

    Have a great week,

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did good. Happy reading!!

    Here is my post!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a wonderful time in Chicago! I read Orphan Trains last year for book club and really enjoyed it. Is the Zevin book a YA or a Middle level book?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those all look like good books!

    I've been saving The Devil in the White City for my next trip to Chicago. Have a great time there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know that feeling. I started a book on Sunday and after 3 chapters made a switch, It just was hitting me right at the time. Luckily I have plenty to choose from, too many really, lol

    Hope this week is better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It happens sometimes ... Orphan Train will break the 'meh' run of books. I loved it, hope you do too. The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry is on my TBR mountain ... soon.
    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not really sure whether Storied Life is middle grades or YA.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm really looking forward to reading Storied Life after all the positive comments today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so know what you mean about review books! Overall I enjoy them but sometimes I feel like I'm ODing on them and I need a break.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nothing worse than your reading mojo going wonky. I make sure to read what I want, and have resented a few of the review books. Most of the review books I choose are ones I would read anyway but I still feel an extra pressure with them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I might read Lois Lowry's The Giver next as it's coming out as a movie in August. Looks good! cheers. http://www.thecuecard.com/

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.