Sunday, March 22, 2015

Bloggiesta: Time for Some Spring Cleaning Around the Blog


It's time for some spring cleaning around my blog....It's Bloggiesta! 

What is Bloggiesta, you ask? Let's ask the Bloggiesta gurus themselves and see their answer:

           "Bloggiesta is a blogging marathon (sometimes over a weekend, sometimes four days and this time one week!) where we as bloggers gather together to help each other work on all sorts of blogging tasks, stuff that we often put off and avoid. Or stuff that we’re scared of trying. Or stuff that we haven’t had time for. But during Bloggiesta all that stuff suddenly becomes fun! There are others doing the same thing ! So, it becomes a party! Wait, no. It’s a FIESTA!"

There will be Mini-Challenges:

Organizing and Simplifying
Kassiah from Pretty Sassy Cool has a tutorial on Getting Organized with Trello.
Amanda from On a Book Bender challenges us to Simplify Blogging.
Brittany from Book Bumblings shows us how to Create a Blogging Schedule.
Belle from Ms. Bookish shows us how to Create a Treasure Trove of Blogging Ideas.
Andi from Estella’s Revenge has some ideas on how to Organize your Feed Reader.


Book Blogging
Lindsay from Nighttime Reading Center challenges us to Pin Your Author Interviews.
Stacy at The Novel Life shows us Eight Not-to-be Missed Podcasts.
Katie from Doing Dewey has a plan for tracking our Diversity Reading Goals.


Fun Stuff
Joy from Joy’s Book Blog teaches us How to Make Memes.
Jessica from The Bluestocking Society teaches us how to Create a Blog Style Guide.
Sheila from Book Journey teaches us all about Commenting and Following.
Suey from It’s All About Books has a Twitter Chat Tutorial.
Tif from Tif Talks Books challenges us to re-discover some Past Bloggiesta Mini Challenges.


Disqus Challenges
Shannon from River City Reading helps us to Improve our Disqus Experience.
Alysia from My Little Pocketbooks shows us how to Retrieve Lost Comments from Disqus.



There will be a Twitter chat party every day with a different theme:
  • Monday March 23rd at 4:00 p.m. Eastern: PEOPLE: Giving and Getting Comments and Followers
  • Tuesday March 24th 7 p.m. Eastern: E-PRESENCE: Social Media Savvy
  • Wednesday March 25th at 12 p.m. noon Eastern:DISPLAY:  Side Bars and  Page Layout
  • Thursday March 26th at 9 p.m. Eastern: REVIEWS and Other Content Ideas (guest hosted by Jessica from The Bluestocking Society)
  • Friday March 27th at 9 p.m. Eastern: ORGANIZE: No Stress Allowed (guest hosted by Amanda from On a Book Bender)
  • Saturday March 28th at 2:00 p.m. Eastern: Books and Reading (guest hosted by Rachel Noel from Purple Owl Reviews)
  • Sunday March 29th at 3 p.m. Eastern: Feedback and Free for All
And, to get started, here's a nice to-do list you can use to plan your week (thank you, Suey!):

A Bloggiesta Master To Do List!

❏  write two reviews
❏  update link lists and archive lists
❏  update Goodreads reviews
❏  clean up labels/tags
❏  do two mini challenges
❏  change or fix one thing on your sidebar
❏  add a page (about me, contact, policy, etc)
❏  change one thing on your layout and/or look
❏  comment on other Bloggiesta partipants' blogs
❏  participate in at least one Twitter chat

What am I planning to work on? I hope to:

(1) Do one mini-challenge
(2) Tidy up my old posts
(3) Visit other Bloggiesta participants' blogs
(4) Participating in at least one Twitter chat 

So let's go! Let's bloggiesta!


16 comments:

  1. I'm going to be fixing up some old posts too. I haven't really focused on that before. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very do-able list. One of my goals is the same, meet new bloggers, so I am spending today visiting everyone on the sign up list.
    Happy Bloggiesta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your to do list. Reminds me that I need to take a look at labels, too. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very reasonable list, which mini challenge do you think it will be?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! Good luck on completing it this week! I have so many old posts that need to be cleaned up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Deb! I need to tidy up some old posts too, I noticed some pictures aren't showing up in my upload folder anymore. :( Happy Bloggiesta, good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful list, and happy bloggiesta! I hope you finish everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! I want to do a couple of the mini-challenges, but haven't decided which ones yet. And I've been working on cleaning up my old posts, but it's taking awhile. Good luck, and have fun!

    Terri @ Alexia's Books and Such...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list. Twitter chats are so overwhelming for me, and I feel like I'm pretty good with technology in general. I can't keep up sometimes! I will try to join one though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great list. I've been meaning to do a Twitter chat, too, but so far I haven't LOL Good luck in accomplishing your goals this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always enjoy Bloggiesta...I am hooked on blogging stuff, anyway, and this event allows me to totally obsess about my blogs...LOL. Thanks for visiting mine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck on your list! Oh, yes! I still need to do a mini-challenge! I'm focusing on writing reviews today. Plus, I'm going to the movies with my kids! Priorities, you know!! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.