Monday, May 9, 2016

Book Expo America Newbie: Off to Chicago!




I've always wanted to go to BEA.

Unfortunately, BEA is always in New York City in May. Before school is out. I'd have to take. off. work.

Me? No, I just don't take off work.

But...

(1) This year it's in Chicago. My son and his wife live in Chicago.

(2) I've learned that life is short. So, in the words of the wise Ms. Frizzle from The Magic School Bus:

One more time: "Take chances. Make mistakes. Get messy!"
So here goes. I'm heading for Chicago on Tuesday night. If you are going to BEA, let me know and I'll look for you. As for me, look for a haggard old librarian who appears startled to be in the big city of Chicago. Oh, and, hopefully, I'll be carrying a huge stack of books....
Can't go to BEA? Join in the fun at Armchair BEA this week! Games, prizes, and lots of book talk!

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm very excited to see BEA and my son and his wife!

      Delete
  2. Have a great time at BEA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you get a chance to go this year. Hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I would love to go to BEA, but it's always so far away. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun! I went once a few years ago and had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! It seemed like it would always be in New York...but I had hope. In 2008, it was in LA....and I went! But I wasn't properly set up for it, since I hadn't really started blogging yet. So I want another chance! Enjoy...and maybe it will move toward the West Coast again...someday. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the BEA.

    I can't make it this year, but you will have a great time.

    Take a suitcase to store all the books you collect throughout the day.

    ENJOY!!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have a wonderful time, looking forward to hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Ms. Frizzle! Hope you have a wonderful time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I imagine you're super excited - I hope you have a wonderful first experience of BEA!

    Reading With Jade

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my so exciting enjoy it all, could be overwhelming too, so rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have fun! Awesome that you get to go, enjoy the Windy City!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a wonderful time at BEA!! I know the pain of it happening in May before school is out, and I don't like to take off work, either. Especially when BEA falls right before final exams for my kiddos. One of these days, I'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll be there! Hope we bump into one another!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll be there too. And at the Bloggers Conference on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.