Sunday, September 4, 2016

My Week in Reading: Back to the Library Edition




It's Queen of the Library Time Again!

Is there anything more fun than wearing a crown all week and 
welcoming 700 kids into the most magical place in the world?



What I Read This Week
covertitleauthorreview
The After Party
Cece and Joan have been fast friends since childhood. Joan is the charismatic one, the beautiful one, the troubled soul, and Cece is the loyal friend, ...more
The Littlest Bigfoot
Alice never seems to fit in at any of the many schools she's attended in her young life. Other girls find Alice too big and too gawky to befriend. The ...more
Still a Work in Progress
Eighth-grader Noah deals with friend troubles, school troubles, and girl troubles. None of these compare, however, to the Thing We Don't Talk About, h ...more
Lucy
Lucy is a stray. Each day she must search, desperately, for something to eat.

Eleanor is a little girl who would love to have Lucy for her own.

Eleanor'
 ...more
Call the Midwife: Shadows of the Workhouse
I've read all three Call the Midwife books by Nurse Jenny now, and I'd say that I loved three and one and I liked this one.

Most of book two centers o
 ...more




My Mailbox Floweth Over This Week...






A Modern Way to Cook by Anna Jones
Dork Diaries: Tales from a Not-So-Fabulous Life
The Misadventures of Max Crumbly: Locker Hero
Framed! A T.O.A.S.T. Mystery
Hey, That's My Monster!
My Grandparents Love Me





What are you reading today? Have you read any of these? Any recommendations?




What is the Sunday SalonImagine some university library's vast reading room. It's filled with people--students and faculty and strangers who've wandered in. They're seated at great oaken desks, books piled all around them,and they're all feverishly reading and jotting notes in their leather-bound journals as they go. Later they'll mill around the open dictionaries and compare their thoughts on the afternoon's literary intake....That's what happens at the Sunday Salon, except it's all virtual. Every Sunday the bloggers participating in that week's Salon get together--at their separate desks, in their own particular time zones--and read. And blog about their reading. And comment on one another's blogs. Think of it as an informal, weekly, mini read-a-thon, an excuse to put aside one's earthly responsibilities and fall into a good book. Click here to join the Salon.

The Sunday Post is a meme hosted by Kimba at Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It's a chance to share news and recap the past week.

Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia at The Printed Page. We share books that we found in our mailboxes last week. 
 It is now being hosted here.

Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews in which you can share the books you've acquired.

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between!  This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from! I love being a part of this and I hope you do too! It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is now being hosted at The Book Date.


16 comments:

  1. Looks like you are in your element there, Queenly and all. Libraries are definitely magical places...and I think fondly of all the libraries "I've loved before."

    Enjoy...and those books look tempting. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really look like you love what you do and that's great. Plus what a great photo of you and your assistant. Definitely the photo is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great week! The library at my son's new elementary school just opened and he has been beside himself with excitement. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you are the most fun librarian! Wish I could come volunteer at your school. I'd do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love it! How much fun you must be having! My own hometown library, for which I've had a library card for over 40 years use to have an old grumpy children's librarian who yelled at me once for finding a second book I wanted to check out after I had already checked out a book. I think I was about 6 years old. It did not discourage me from reading though or loving my library! And since then, all the librarians have been wonderful! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We can tell you love being a librarian. I'm sure your kids just love you! A Modern Way to Cook sounds interesting. I'm going to check it out. Yesterday, I cracked open The Math Myth. Hopefully it's a book that I stick with. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember the wonder of entering the library when I was a young girl. I still feel that excitement to this day. Looks like a lot of really fun books for you:) Happy reading.

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the look and sound of The After Party Deb. And you scored well with this week's new arrivals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great reading week! And great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great pics of your library - your passion shines through. A great mix of books in your book haul this week. Looks like you are in for a great reading week!
    Amanda @ Mrs B's Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice looking assortment of books. I recently read The Little Bigfoot and enjoyed it. Come see what I accomplished last week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a great start for school, crowns and all! I loved Still A Work In Progress, will look for The Littlest Bigfoot-sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Deb. You do have the best job in the school! I've loved some of the books on your list. I admit that I have binge watched the Call the Midwife series, but not read one of Jennifer Worth's books. I will have to remedy that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the idea of the library being a place of magic, wonder and FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad to see you liked The After Party. I have yet to read this author but his books seem good. I hope to check one out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that queen of the library photo! Lots of great reads here too.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.