Tuesday, December 6, 2016

New-To-Me Authors I Read For The First Time In 2016


New-To-Me Authors I Read For The First Time In 2016


Traci Chee



Fiona Davis



Blake Crouch



Greg Pizzoli (I know, I know...I don't know how I missed this author until now.)



Paul Gallico



Patrick Modiano



Francoise Sagan



Frank Waters (Crazy, but I discovered this author when I slept in the room named for him in a wonderful inn in Taos, New Mexico.)



Steve Antony



Larry McMurtry (Of course, I'd read Lonesome Dove, but I had no idea he'd written other great stories.)





Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

21 comments:

  1. The Dollhouse has been on my radar for a while now, but you have convinced me I need to add it to the 2017 list. And Mrs. 'arris Goes to Paris sounds delightful! I may have to find a copy to read over the holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Dollhouse feels like a trip into the past, with the hotel as the main character. I urge you to give Mrs. 'Arris a read...it is delightful.

      Delete
  2. The Reader has been on my TBR for a while now! I loved the blurb and the cover! Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nominated it for the Cybils in YA Speculative Fiction.

      Delete
  3. I really need to read The Reader and Dark Matter- both are on my radar... but the chance of me getting to them in 2016 is pretty... impossible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh Blake Crouch- I want to read Dark Matter! I liked his Wayward books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice list! I considered Fiona Davis for mine too, but had read so many new authors this year and could only pick ten!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had Larry McMurty on my list for years, I can't wait to try him, also want to give Blake Crouch a try with his Wayward Pines series. Thanks for stopping by my TTT Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also read Dark Matter, my first by him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read a Larry McMurtry ages ago... Otherwise the rest of the authors are new to me. Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Doll House looks like a great read and now I'm curious about Larry McMurtry! I'd heard of him of course but never actually thought to pick up any books by him. It sounds like I need to at the very least read Lonesome Dove.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOh nice!! Lots of new to me authors there! I recognize two of them from seeing them around a lot, but the rest are all totally new to me ones!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been hearing great things about Dark Matter Deb, so need to make the effort to check it out I think!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of these would be new to me if I managed to read them too. I did read Modiano this year- but only his picture book. I read Sagan back in my 20s, but would like to reread her now. I've read Paul Gallico before, but read Flowers for Mrs Harris this year too. I think Greg Rizzoli remains unknown to me. I've heard nothing of Dark Matter- clearly out of the loop.... Always so much more to read isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if you have seen Steve Antony over your way. He might be British.

      Delete
  13. Glad you discovered Modiano. I would recommend his So That You Don't Get Lost in the Neighborhood. my TTT is here: https://wordsandpeace.com/2016/12/06/top-ten-new-to-me-authors/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have The Dollhouse on hold, so it's fun to see it listed with an old favorite-- Mrs. 'Arris. Did you know there was a movie of it with Angela Lansbury?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have not read any of the books you listed, Deb, but several are on my list to read. The Reader especially.The Watermelon Seed and I'll Wait Mr. Panda look so cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really want to read "the reader' its such a beautiful cover and sounds epic. Otherwise all the other books you listed are new to me - but isn't it fun discovering new authors. Although it does nothing to help my ever growing wish list lol :) Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have The Reader out of the library right now and am really hoping to get to it by the end of the year. If not, definitely in January!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.