Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Top New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2017

Jason Reynolds...Oh my goodness, I am Jason Reynolds' newest, biggest fan. 
I loved Ghost. I will read Long Way Down soon. A great writer.

Karl Ove Knausgard...Autumn was amazing. I'm reading Winter now. Do I dare hope he is working on more seasons?

Sylvia Boorstein...This lady knows what makes people happy. I read It's Easier Than You Think and loved it, and then I picked up Happiness is an Inside Job. Wonderful.

Thi Bui...author and illustrator of the fabulous graphic novel The Best We Could Do. Then I read and loved her illustrations in A Different Pond.

Sarah Bakewell...At the Existential Cafe sold me on Bakewell. I will read How to Live this year, I hope.

Angie Thomas...The Hate U Give...first book...get to writing, Ms. Thomas.

George Saunders...I heard him speak and read the the Tenth of December and then brilliant Lincoln in the Bardo. I must see what else he has written.





How about you?
Have you read any of these?
What new authors did you discover this year?
I hope you'll share your favorites with me.









Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists

15 comments:

  1. Quite a few of these are new to me ones still! Lol! Glad you found so many to enjoy last year!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read any. here's my list: https://wordsandpeace.com/2018/01/02/top-ten-new-to-me-authors-i-read-in-2017/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these, need to get to The Hate U Give soon!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/01/02/top-ten-tuesday-140/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh great list! I hope to read some of these authors soon ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  5. You comments alone make me want to try all these authors! I have read The Hate U Give. Awesome book. Have a Happy New Year, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments. Typing on my phone causes double the typos I normally have. Haha

      Delete
  6. I haven't read any of these though I have Jason Reynolds on my TBR. I really think I need to read Sarah Bakewell. The Existential Cafe and How to Live both sound like books I need to read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've yet to read any of the authors you shared in your TTT post this week... Time to explore some more new to me authors!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post this week:
    http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2018/01/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-new-to-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you discovered a lot of amazing authors last year! So many of these authors are on my TBR list. I especially need to read a Jason Reynolds book.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jason Reynolds and Angie Thomas are also on my "new to me and I loved them" list. I also have Thi Bui's book on my list to read soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm hoping to read Angie Thomas's The Hate U give this year, glad to hear you loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A few new to me authors here. I hope you discover some more greats this year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bought The Hate U Give as a souvenir when I visited the Brazos Bookstore in Houston and was blown away by the book. I have told every young person I know about it and gave it to one of them. I also was sooo impressed by The Best We Could Do, which I believe you gave me for my LFL, and I read it first. I learned so much history in such a stress free way from it. The others I haven't read, but plan to read Bakewell.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.